Windows 10 Touchscreen operating 2nd Display

Charlie

To Fix issue where eGlax Driver is controlling the Touchscreen instead of Windows 10, and you cannot Calibrate screen or get it to press on the correct Screen, etc

Try Opening the eGalaxTouch Control Panel and from the General Tab - Press 'Monitor Mapping. Touch the Touchscreen when prompted and then press 'Esc' on the other one. This works 9 out of 10 times ...

If Still no luck, repeat exercise below :-

1. Right Click 'This PC' and open up 'Properties' and select  'Device Manager' from the Left

2. Locate 'Mouse and Pointing Devices' find the Touchscreen. In the Details Tab, Should have 'HID/VID_0EEF&PID_C000...'

3. Once Located, Click the Driver Tab, Click Update Driver > Browse my Computer for Drivers > Let me Pick, and Select 'HID-compliant Touch Screen' or 'USB Input Device' - NOT 'USB Touchscreen Controller(C000)

4. Save Changes and Restart

5. In The Search Bar, Type 'Calibrate' and look for 'Calibrate the Screen for Pen or Touch Input. If you don't have this, Run this shortcut ( Tablet PC Settings.)

6.Press the Setup Button at the top and press on the Screen that is the Touchscreen.

7.Calibration should be OK, but if you need to calibrate the screen, close and reopen 'Calibrate the Screen for Pen & Touch' and the Calibrate button will activate.

8. If you want the Screen to go back to beeping when pressed, will be necessary to revert the Driver back to eGalax, To do this do the steps below, if not required then you are all done at this point.

9. Back in the Device Manager - Scan through the section 'Human Interface Devices' > USB Input Device. There will be a few, but under one of them under the 'Details > Hardware Id's should bethe one we had before 'HID/VID_0EEF&PID_C000...' When found, go to Drivers Tab  > Update Driver > Browse my Computer for Drivers > Let me Pick, and Select 'USB Touchscreen Controler(C000)'

10. Restart Again, Reset any Extended Screen options and check, but again at this point the Touchscreen will be moving across both screens but beeping again.

11.Open the eGalaxTouch Control Panel and from the General Tab - Press 'Monitor Mapping. Touch the Touchscreen when prompted and then press 'Esc' on the other one.

Everything should be good now.